lecture

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자보나 조회 1회 작성일 2022-06-23 05:25:09 댓글 0

본문

Noam Chomsky, Fundamental Issues in Linguistics (April 2019 at MIT) - Lecture 1

This is the first lecture of a two lecture series given by Noam Chomsky (10 and 12 April 2019) at MIT.
The second lecture:

English Plus Academy : A legend in the field of language. It is nice to see him giving live lecture.
letssuperfuntime : What a gem this lecture is.
Thanks for sharing.
Jule Schmidt : I really struggled paying attention to what he was saying, until I set it to 1,5 times the speed. My mind finally managed fully to focus on Chomsky‘s lecture (I have adhd), and this was great! ❤️
Doc Nerd : Thank you for sharing. Such a legend.
Lateef Alqasab : Thanks for sharing this rare masterpiece.

THE 2022 OPPENHEIMER LECTURE: THE QUANTUM ORIGINS OF GRAVITY

It was once thought that gravity and quantum mechanics were inconsistent with one another. Instead, we are discovering that they are so closely connected that one can almost say they are the same thing. Professor Susskind will explain how this view came into being over the last two decades, and illustrate how a number of gravitational phenomena have their roots in the ordinary principles of quantum mechanics.

Leonard Susskind is an American physicist, who is a professor of theoretical physics at Stanford University, and founding director of the Stanford Institute for Theoretical Physics. His research interests include string theory, quantum field theory, quantum statistical mechanics, and quantum cosmology.

The causes and consequences of the Ukraine war A lecture by John J. Mearsheimer

Professor John J. Mearsheimer will discuss the current Russian invasion on Ukraine whilst exploring the potential causes and consequences of the crisis.

In this lecture, Prof. Mearsheimer will aim to focus on both the origins of the war in Ukraine and some of its most important consequences. He will argue that the crisis is largely the result of the West’s efforts to turn Ukraine into a Western bulwark on Russia’s border. Russian leaders viewed that outcome as an existential threat that had to be thwarted. While Vladimir Putin is certainly responsible for invading Ukraine and for Russia’s conduct in the war, Prof. Mearsheimer states that he does not believe he is an expansionist bent on creating a greater Russia. Regarding the war’s consequences, the greatest danger is that the war will go on for months if not years, and that either NATO will get directly involved in the fighting or nuclear weapons will be used — or both. Furthermore, enormous damage has already been inflicted on Ukraine. A prolonged war is likely to wreak even more devastation on Ukraine.

Prof. John J. Mearsheimer is the R. Wendell Harrison Distinguished Service Professor in the Political Science Department at the University of Chicago.
bztheman : Educational and insightful as always. Wish a couple of the questions were framed more respectfully, but Prof. Mearsheimer handled it so well.
Georgios Michalopoulos : Amazing, as always. Handled the questions as a true boss.
Advocate Abubaker Motala : An excellent lecture and a brilliant analysis of the Ukraine dilemma by the learned Professor John J. Mearsheimer.
Manuel Serratos : My highest respects to Prof. Mearsheimer, both professionally and as a man. He must have known the kind of audience he was going to face. And if he didn't, then all more my respects by his composure and ability to answer fake and highly disrespectful questions to the point of being unethical.
A fake question is one not meant to ask but to reject an argument or person, like questioning his credentials and research. That's a question so open that doesn't have an answer, only a proper reply (if possible). They all had the obligation to know Prof Mearsheimer was talking on a topic he has studied and followed by probably decades!

-Questions after min 1:44:35 by the jerk in yellow trousers (Jeff I think) were pure smugness and condescension, and delusional as well regarding Putin feeling threatened by democracy. The USA is not democratic! There is a wide consensus about it amongst Americans of sorts.
What Putin (and several other non-western leaders) is the manipulation by the USA of democratic movements to cause chaos and place new governments subject to the USA. Latin America is full of experiences where the USA continually manipulates the media to get his way or suppress political dissidents.
-Questions after 1:47:39 were pure condescension. YouTube doesn't allow me to mention her name.

The people who made these questions are educated citizens, attending or lecturing in colleges from "developed" nations. Yet, their knowledge and take on the issue is just the same as your regular John and Jane Doe from watching massive mainstream media: deny all responsibility from the West. Their academic job is to question and face objection. The only one doing his job was Prof. Mearsheimer.
Aubrey Wilkins Wursten : It's downright heroic to tell the truth about this. People will ruin you for refusing to toe the line. They don't allow nuance of thought. And this situation requires it.

#lecture

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

전체 8,821건 1 페이지
게시물 검색
Copyright © www.xn--z92bvr53jpsiba164rzrb.com. All rights reserved.  Contact : help@oxmail.xyz